- While the client had a centralized procurement department (good thing), there was very little support from the IT department. In other words, the IT department operated independently and did not trust the client’s procurement department.
- The client did not have a centralized spend visibility tool
- Note: The client had SAP as their primary ERP system but was not able to accurately identify spend across regions as a result of poor reporting from the tool.
- The client’s IT spend is broken between global and regional budgets depending on the application.
- Identified current state contracts across the globe
- Identified both influencing and decision-making stakeholders within IT and the Business Units that utilized similar software packages.
- Coordinated global business units and stakeholder meetings to discuss opportunity, gather feedback, and drive results.
- Utilized proprietary tools, templates, and techniques to assign global roles & responsibilities, action items, and negotiation tactics in the interest of speaking from one voice.
- Client Savings: $13 Million
- Negotiated the agreement down from $25 Million to $12 Million for a 3-year contract.
- Even though the firm was retained to focus only on a specific business unit, we identified cost savings opportunities that benefited multiple business units across the organization.