Salesforce Engagement Overview #5:
Global Consumer Goods Organization
A global consumer goods organization reached out to TNG in the interest of sourcing, negotiating, and contracting a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) digital capability specifically for a new business unit within their organization.
The client’s objectives were to ensure they thoroughly examined the marketplace to 1) identify the best fit-for-purpose suppliers, 2) pay a reasonable market price, and 3) eliminate any contractual risk that could cause problems down the road.
We applaud this client and its senior leadership team for being so proactive in their approach. As a result, this client partnered with Salesforce whom were contractually incentivized to help our client succeed and grow.
We utilized our 4-step IT Software Negotiation Process to drive the following key activities:
- Step 1) Discovery – We assisted our client’s project team understand and ponder different assessment criteria as it relates to their business and technical requirements.
- Step 2) Strategy – We developed multiple personas across the new organization based on how different users were planning to utilize a CRM capability.
- Step 3) Negotiate – We advised our client throughout the negotiation process in the interest of ensuring an equitable relationship for both Salesforce and the client.
- Step 4) Contract Execution - We identified and eliminated contractual risk that could pose problems for the client in the next 3-5 years.
The Results (not comprehensive)
- A strategic partnership with Salesforce
- A competitive rate benchmark baseline
- A commercially aligned path to growth with contractual protections
You may also be interested in these articles: